LAK17 Registration Information
LAK’17 has now concluded thus registration is no longer possible.
This promises to be the largest LAK conference to date and we look forward to welcoming you all in Vancouver!
Become a SoLAR Member to receive a LAK’17 registration rate and other year-round benefits!
- Please note that all 2016 memberships expired on Dec 1 and you will need to renew your SoLAR membership for 2017 to receive the LAK’17 registration discount.
- Note: If you have not received a membership confirmation email within 60 minutes of joining please check your spam folder as it may have been filtered by your email system.
- Some individuals qualify for complementary membership through their institutions’ support of SoLAR. Please note that this membership is not automatic you will need to use the discount code provided to your institution to sign up for your free individual membership. See the list of 2017 SoLAR Institutional members
- Non-members who register at the reduced member rate will be asked to pay the difference plus a $50 administrative fee.
(please note that all registration fees are in Canadian dollars CAD$ and subject to local taxes)
Early Bird Conference Registration (prior to Jan 11, 2017)
- Regular Member: CAD$700 (+$35.00GST) = $735.00
- Student Member: CAD$350 (+$17.50 GST) = $367.50
- Regular Non-member: CAD$875 (+$43.75 GST)= $918.75
- Student Non-member: CAD$435 (+$21.75 GST)= $456.75
Regular Conference Registration (after Jan 11, 2017)
- Regular Member: CAD$835 (+$41.75 GST) = $876.75
- Student Member: CAD$435 (+$21.75 GST) = $456.75
- Regular Non-member: CAD$1000 (+$50.00 GST) = $1050.00
- Student Non-member: CAD$535 (+$26.75 GST) = $561.75
Pre-Conference Events Workshops and Tutorials
- Hackathon Workshop – CAD$250 (+$12.50 GST) = $262.50
- Full Day Workshop – CAD$150 (+$7.50 GST) = $157.50
- Half Day Workshop – CAD$85 ($4.25 GST) = $89.25
Consult the full pre-conference workshops and tutorial schedule before registering. Please be aware that workshop sessions on Monday and Tuesday run concurrently, and you are responsible for ensuring that you have not selected a full and half day workshop on the same day. The Hackathon runs over both Monday and Tuesday so if you wish to participate in that event you will not be able to attend any other workshops
Confirmation of Registration and Receipts
- When you register on-line and pay by credit card, you will receive immediate confirmation by e-mail via our server
- You will receive an e-mail confirmation of your registration sent to the e-mail addressed provided during registration
- You will also receive a credit card receipt from Moneris verifying your payment, please print out copies of both as these will be your official receipt and confirmation of registration
Cancellations and Refunds
- Requests received by January 23, 2017, 5 PM EST will receive a full refund, less a $50 administrative fee, plus GST and credit card fees.
- Requests received January 24, 2017 through February 10, 2017, 5 PM EST will receive a 50% refund, less a $50 administrative fee, plus GST and credit fees.
- Requests received on or after February 11, 2017 will receive no refund.
No exception will be made to the cancellation/refund policy for registrants due to travel related issues, natural disasters, or other acts of God. LAK17 shall assume no liability whatsoever in the event this conference is cancelled, rescheduled or postponed due to a fortuitous event, Act of God, unforeseen occurrence or any other event that renders performance of this conference impossible.
Meeting, Event & Conference Services, Burnaby
Halpern Centre – Room 110
Simon Fraser University
8888 University Drive
Burnaby, British Columbia Canada V5A 1S6
Telephone 778.782.4910; Fax 778.782.3420 E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org